Refurbishment of Old Bank May Street, Belfast
Formerly known as the Northern Bank, the three storey Portland stone building with mansard attic was constructed c. 1919. The building is listed and is located on the corner of Victoria Street and May Street.
The redeveloped building provided open plan office accommodation on all floors with a new glazed meeting room at roof level.
Environment & Heritage Service Historic Buildings Branch were heavily involved with the project from inception through to completion to ensure that the essential characteristics of the building were either maintained, restored or enhanced.
A new services pod has been created within the old yard to the rear which incorporates a new vertical circulation core, toilets and storage for all floors in a contrasting contemporary style.